A Decade is Enough


MARCH 19, 2021 PROMPT
How are you different now than you were in the year 2010?
What have been the most significant changes in your life in the last ten years?


A Decade is Enough


        Ten years are enough for me to say that I've changed a lot. Change in the sense that I had transitioned completely from that once demure and pessimistic adolescent to being confident and optimistic adult. Perhaps my early exposure to various life struggles and adversities served well in molding me to what I am right now. Through those years, I endured and survived each life's whip and beating. If you happen to read my autobiography, you would know what I've come through.

        The year 2010 was actually the year I stepped out from my comfort zone and started to face life alone. I was seventeen at that time and it's my first time to realize how hard life is after having separated from the confines of my dearest home. At this early stage of my life, re-calibrated my mind to see things relevant towards achieving my goals and it was when I started to establish my life's principles. You never know how hard it is for having too little of almost everything -little to no knowledge of the place and its people, little provisions and financial resource, no friends and relatives in the same place, little to no knowledge of how technology works, almost everything... I grew up in a place far from a city and life there is way different. I was also an introvert individual thus getting along with others was one of the many things I struggled with. It was the moment that I thought I could never cope up. But I had to work it out in order to live and for the sake of my family and my dreams.

        Now is different and I can stand on my own. I am forever grateful for those experiences I had, the hardships I endured, my families and friends who are always there for me, to those individuals who encouraged, motivated and inspired me to keep moving, and to those people who became part my life. I may not be that successful but at least I have my ways to earn a living. That's all that matters.



Image Credit
 
 
Share To:

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours

Thank you so much for dropping by. Please let me know your thoughts about this entry.