Worlds Collide

On the day our worlds collide
A fire aglow, my heart can't hide
A thought of you,  your soft caress
I love you, oh I confess
Be mine and be my bride

My heart seems rising a tide
The fire keeps burning- won't subside
The fondling warmth won't suppress
On the day our worlds collide

Now you know what lurks inside
The clamor, my love, I dare confide
I'll do everything to impress
We're miles apart, I love you nonetheless
On the day our worlds collide



Created: September 1st, 2014 at 7:32pm
Modified: April 16th, 2021 at 1:27am

Prompt: First Love
Form: Rondeau
Written for: "Fluttering Hearts"
 
 

Rondeau

This is a very underestimated and sometimes a very challenging poetry form. It consists of three stanzas, a quintet (5 lines), a quatrain (4 lines) and a sestet (6 lines), giving a total of 15 lines.

The first phrase of the first line usually sets the refrain R it is admissible to use the whole line used as the refrain.

The rhyme scheme is: R. a. a. b. b. a .... a. a. b. R. .... a. a. b. b. a. R.

The meter is considered be open and the French style is not bound by a rhyming pattern and is also more of a light and buoyant even "flashy" form of poetry which uses short lines. The English style however, is much more dour and serious, even meditative and uses tetrameter or pentameter. Here is an excellent example of the English style of Rondeau.
Share To:

Post A Comment:

4 comments so far,Add yours

Thank you so much for dropping by. Please let me know your thoughts about this entry.