A poem about longing for someone

Flower on rocks

Image by dae jeung kim from Pixabay

 

My Longing for You
My longing for you is like a passion flower,
which seed was gawkily deposited by a bird
into a dark crevice where the sunlight shun.
It grows yet relentlessly poke
its head, grappling amongst the rocks
to savor the morning sun.

I yearn to hold you like a vine
that grows beneath the thicket,
below the towering trees.
As it struggles to climb
and hugs each olden bark of the oak
to gasp at the noon-time breeze.

My hungry body hungers for your warm embrace
Fingers thirst for the feel of your tenderest lips
How it misses the moment as it gracefully fumbles
On your muscular and manly chest.
My dear, it has been a month now since you left
I wish you can hear my heartbeat beacons like springing cymbals.

Written for: "April 23 Poem--Synesthesia or Meridian response" in "Dew Drop Inn"
Prompt: Synesthesia, sort of—turn something into something else for some reason (to better understand it, to see it differently, to cope, to escape pain, to glory in description or metaphor, or just the reality of it). Examples: turn sound into color, pain into flowers, trauma into a graphic novel… Alternative prompt: Auditory Sensory Meridian Response. Or both!

18 lines | 130 words | 707 characters
04/23-22 08:51pm EDT
 
Share To:

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours

Thank you so much for dropping by. Please let me know your thoughts about this entry.