The Tendrils of Life

 
 The world beneath this forlorn sky
Battered painfully by their ceaseless cries
Echoes linger down the abyss
Reverberate back to trample
Every ignoble souls

Their ire won't quell, wrath won't subside
Chained in continuous struggles
To flee from their miserable lives
Chasing happiness that's too swift
Too slippery to take a hold

Their stares were trenchant darts
Piercing every piece of Him
Yet He never gave up despite the swears
Instead, had set foot on the ground
In the land cursed by them

He healed every furious soul
Quelled their unquenchable ires
Soothed and touched the wounds
Brought by the fervent whips
Of the tendrils of life

These tendrils once whipped me like no end
Until I bleed and lost my feel
This land I found my first breath
Fourteen years ago
Pushed me to do the worst

I feared to step this land of hate
That wished for none but my bitter fate
They wanted me not, They wanted my absence
To get lost and vanish in oblivion
Like a nightmare in everyone's sleep

Here I am- lost, alone, frightened
Everyone hated me, they wanted me... dead
 
 
 
Created: September 5th, 2014 at 6:43am
Modified: February 28th, 2021 at 9:17am
 
 
1st Place Winner
Form: FREE VERSE
Prompt: Image Above
Line Count: 32 lines

 
Share To:

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours

Thank you so much for dropping by. Please let me know your thoughts about this entry.