Walking along the ocean’s lonely shore,
I watch the scattered waves crash and roar.
Fierce as the plight that fell upon me,
My agonizing heart trapped, unable to break free.
Each step I take leaves a print in the sand,
Fading away like traces washed from the land,
Much like my hope and suffering undone,
Bound by chains in a life left with none.
The hatred I abhor now dominates my days,
While the dreams I longed for fade in the haze.
Crushed by a bitter fate, I sink in despair,
I can no longer endure the trials I bear.
I cry out to be blind, to lose my sight,
Or to become deaf, though the plea is not slight.
So I never again see the grief I have known,
Nor hear the painful truths so cold and harsh grown.
The strength that I seek remains out of reach,
And a peaceful life escapes past the beach.
How far will I drift in this storm so intense,
Carried away by a life so immense?
Must I stay on this path where thorns ever grow?
Is misfortune my shadow wherever I go?
Beneath the overcast of this gloomy sky above,
Is there still a glimmer of hope left to love?
Read the Tagalog version here:
