the indigenous lives, Imagine you had to create an art piece for a gallery or museum. What would you create?


MARCH 12, 2021 PROMPT
Imagine you had to create an art piece for a gallery or museum.
What would you create?
 

The Indigenous Lives


     When I was little, my interest was not really into scribbling words to create pieces of poetry but it's more into doodling and sketching. I used to draw anime characters from game cards, stickers and any random anime images I found on my notebook covers. I also did some portrait sketches and drawings about nature. Sadly, I somehow lost this skill or perhaps has just been forgotten since I didn't practice and cultivate drawing and sketching. During college, I had experienced painting on my Humanities class and it turned out pretty well. Although I have so much interest in painting, I just can't do it due to limited resources. I couldn't afford to buy painting materials back then so I deviated my attention into writing.

    Heading our way to this day's topic, the lives of indigenous people came into my mind. If I could only paint well, then most of my crafts are the different day-to-day activities, the way of living, the tools and equipment, the recreations and traditions, and the means to survival of those native people I considered my ancestors. It'd be a great honor to feature such wonderful lives not tampered with conflict and chaos. I'd like to see in vivid picture how lives are lived before the advent of science and technology. There were times that I found myself contemplating and drown into a thousand of "What ifs". Because there is this great contrast of how lives are lived then and now that oftentimes made me realize that lives before is way better than today.

    With this gallery that I could've created, many visitors would've pondered deeply of how wonderful and how valuable life is. It could've helped in changing the perspective of many and helped mitigate or eradicate the conflict and war against fellow individuals.

    That's all I can say. Thank you for reading. Cheers!




Image Credit:

​Early Mandaya Settlement (Ngini 'Yang Kanami) (Illustration by Federico “Boy” Dominguez, 2009)
Danny Sillada
Share To:

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours

Thank you so much for dropping by. Please let me know your thoughts about this entry.