A poem about my high school memories.

New mown hay

Image by Thomas H. from Pixabay

 

Memories of my High School Days
Before the morning sun could shower its first golden rays,
We were all awake, and we'd hustle to do our chores.
My brother and I would feed our cattle with our freshly mown hay.
My sister would prepare our meals. Then she'd clean the drawers, floors, and doors.

Before the clock struck seven, I was all prepared for school.
My father prepared his gathered tuba, which we would transport downtown.
Then we would walk a kilometer with gallons on both hands. It's never cool.
This daily routine often makes me feel upset, and I always wear a frown.

Because of this, I always arrive at school late.
The good thing was that they never closed the gate.
As a consequence, our counselor obliged me to do the flag-raising ceremony alone.
Oh, and before I forget, I also had to gather some pebbles and stones.

Despite this, I was earnest about coming to every class.
Even if in a few minutes I came in last.
It didn't matter how often I mow the grass and cleaned the glasses,
As long as I am first place in all my classes.

When everyone's most awaited time arrived, vacation time!
My mother planned a picnic at that river near our grandpa's place.
We had plenty of food, including appetizers, veggies, and fruits. We all felt sublime.
From my once frowned upon look for not having classes, emerged a gleeful face.

236 words 20 lines 1,308 characters
04/05/22
 
Share To:

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours

Thank you so much for dropping by. Please let me know your thoughts about this entry.