A Petrarchan Sonnet poem about love and lust.

Rose

Image by Melk Hagelslag from Pixabay

 

Love or Lust
Content Rating: 18+

At first, I thought it was all just a fling
But my stomach grows butterflies inside
My heart beats like cymbals, I can not hide
It merrily dances, joyfully sings.
Pouncing terrifically with much zing
The feel of breeze - glissading on a slide
Feel of zest on a roller coaster ride
As you sway gently while I ride the swing.

A feeling every time I see your face
I'm yearning to touch and kiss on your lips
Your manly beauty comes with so much grace
You've gotten David's proportionate hip
Your bounty chest and your masculine waist
Love or lust, but I dream to see you strip.

Written for: "April 18 Poem--Stop! in the name of love..."   in "Dew Drop Inn
Prompt: April 18 Prompt: “Stop! In the name of love, before you break my heart!”—write a poem where love turns everything around somehow, or stops a course of action, or stops everything!
Form: Petrarchan Sonnet
Form Details: The Petrarchan sonnet, perfected by the Italian poet Petrarch, divides the 14 lines into two sections: an eight-line stanza (octave) rhyming ABBAABBA, and a six-line stanza (sestet) rhyming CDCDCD or CDECDE.


14 lines | 107 words | 576 characters
04/18/22 09:54 pm EDT
Share To:

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours

Thank you so much for dropping by. Please let me know your thoughts about this entry.