A Lyrical Sonnet about Love.

Love Flame

Image by Victoria Model from Pixabay


My Heart Will Forever Burn For You

Our days fleeted in haste, now we're getting old.
Your pristine allure still lovely to behold.
Though our path may not be all traces of gold,
In future tales, our love will always be told.

In times when our days - clouded with sorrows,
I saw us rose and soared like lovely sparrows.
We had faced each billowing wind without fear
And we sometimes found ourselves drenched with our tears.

Your heart might grow arid - tired of loving me.
I will be here for you as I'll always be.
You might want to leave me. I will set you free
My love for you will stay, that I guarantee.

It will be a pain to see you bid adieu
My heart will forever, ever burn for you.

An contest entry towards "Search for a WDC HeartThrob Poet "

Prompt: Lyrical Sonnet containing the phrase "my heart burns for You."

Lyric poetry expresses personal emotions or thoughts of the speaker, just like the songs of today. Also, just like songs, lyric poems always have a musical quality, or a specific melody which makes it easy for you to sing along with. The term 'lyric poetry' actually comes from the ancient Greek word lyre, which refers to the instrument in that era that accompanied the reading of the lyric poem. Almost like the first version of a live concert.

One type of lyric poem is the sonnet. Overall, sonnets have 14 lines usually written in iambic pentameter, which is five pairs of stressed and unstressed syllables. This overall structure of predetermined syllables and rhyme makes sonnets flow off your tongue in a similar way that a song on the radio does.
 
Share To:

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours

Thank you so much for dropping by. Please let me know your thoughts about this entry.